Submarine Escape Commander
Built on the SC1000 platform, the SC2000 provides all of the same self-inflating features and functions, with the added ability to interface with submarine sub-surface abandonment systems, allowing the user to escape from depth while providing industry-leading thermal protection and flotation at the surface.
Incorporating Mustang Survival’s patented Atmospheric Self Inflation Technology, the SC2000 Submarine Escape Commander is our warmest, most buoyant and smallest packed suit available today.
The SC2000 has been tested in the Naval Engineering Test Establishment (NETE) Submarine Escape System Test Bed (SESTB) to 200 meters deep. It has been tested in live submarine escape training tower trials to 18 meters. The SC2000 Submarine Escape Commander suit is based on new technology that eliminates mechanical valves, significantly reducing initial aquisition and total ownership costs.
- Additional Information
- Damage tolerant and self-inflating design
- Easy to inspect and service
- High visibility
- High thermal insulation rating (CLO value: 1.06 turbulent water)
- Personal locator light
- Rations pocket
- Packs into custom storage requirements down to 15 litres
- All of the features of the SC1000 Submarine Surface Commander
- Fully tune-able air delivery system can be adjusted for any submarine air supply configurations
- Ascent breathing hood with large unobstructed viewing window
- Available with an optional life raft